Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is the fluid-filled sacs that help in developing in the kidneys. It is an inherited kidney disease and mainly develops at the age of 30 to 50 years. Obesity is becoming one of the major causes of kidney problems among such people. Kidneys are the filter units of the body and also help in initiating the hormones that help in the growth of red blood cells. In case the kidneys get damaged, the waste starts accumulating in the body and can harm other organs.
Causes of polycystic kidney diseases and obesity
There are many reasons that can lead to polycystic kidney diseases such as family history of the disease, kidney stones, tumors and cancer and prolonged intake of medicines. The symptoms of this disease are slow and its signs are only visible in later stages. The most common signs that are visible in the later stages are:
- Blood in the urine is mainly due to cyst bleeding
- Protein in the urine
- Back and joint pains
- Pain in sides where the kidneys are located which is due to enlarged kidneys
- Kidney stones
- Swollen abdomen or pain in stomach
- Recurring urinary tract infection
- High blood pressure
- Nausea and fatigue
One must get alert if these symptoms stay for long and get an immediate treatment. A quick diagnosis can help in the tackling the complications of kidney disease. Many people opt for dialysis to filter the waste when the kidney stops functioning, later they go for a kidney transplant if the situation doesn’t improve. However, both of the treatments are not a permanent solution for the polycystic kidney disease.
Ayurvedic treatment for polycystic kidney disease and diet.
Ayurvedic treatment for polycystic kidney disease due to obesity is the most likely solution. The treatment along with the right kind of diet can help in the faster recovery of the damaged kidneys. There are certain food habits that one needs to strictly follow during a kidney treatment, such as:
- One must at least eat 5 portions of fresh fruits and vegetables in a day
- It is important to reduce the salt intake in your diet as it increases blood pressure
- One must eat a moderate amount of protein as it necessary for the body to get enough nutrition for repairing the body
- Processed and packed food should be strictly avoided and should be replaced with freshly cooked meals
- Alcohol consumption and smoking should be avoided completely
Along with the above meal plan, one should also do regular exercise as it will help in controlling the weight and curb the problem of obesity. Also, cardiovascular exercises help in controlling the blood pressure.
Karma Ayurveda Clinic in India – Ayurvedic polycystic kidney disease treatment.
One of the best centers for Ayurvedic polycystic kidney disease treatment is Karma Ayurveda. It has successfully treated thousands of patients with their herbal medicines and ancient techniques. They are Asia’s best wholesome wellness clinic providing safe and sound treatments to all its patients. Karma Ayurveda only uses natural herbs and organic supplements for curing kidney patients. They have a happy family of millions of successfully cured kidney patients.