Kidneys are two fist-sized organs responsible for filtering of toxic waste and extra fluid from the body. The most common disease that can result in the damage of kidney is high blood pressure and type-2 diabetes. If the kidneys are damaged, the waste starts accumulating in the body which can lead to kidney failure if not treated on time. “Can Kidney Problems Cause Insomnia”.
Sleeping disorder due to kidney problems
Sleep disorders have a profound and well-documented impact on overall health and quality of life in the general population. In patients with chronic disease, sleep disorders are more prevalent, with an additional morbidity and mortality burden. The complex and dynamic relationship between sleep disorders and chronic kidney disease (CKD) remain relatively little investigated. Evidence-based interventions will be discussed, in the context of individual sleep disorders, namely sleep apnea, insomnia, restless leg syndrome and excessive daytime sleepiness. Limitations of the current knowledge, as well as future research directions, will be highlighted, with a final discussion of different conceptual frameworks of the relationship between sleep disorders and CKD. “Can Kidney Problems Cause Insomnia”.
If the symptoms stay for long one need to go for kidney disease, there are certain tests and procedures to verify the disease. The tests may include:
- Urine output measurements- The amount of urine one excretes in a day may help the doctor determines the cause of the kidney failure
- Urine tests- Analyzing a sample of your urine, a procedure called urinalysis, may reveal abnormalities that suggest kidney failure. “Can Kidney Problems Cause Insomnia”.
- Blood tests- A sample of your blood may reveal rapidly rising levels of urea and creatinine are the two substances used to measure kidney function
- Imaging tests- these tests include ultrasound and computerized tomography to see the kidneys
- Kidney tissue sampling for testing- In some situations, a kidney biopsy may be needed to remove a small sample of kidney tissue for lab testing. “Can Kidney Problems Cause Insomnia”.
During the recovery from a kidney disease, the doctor may recommend a special diet to help support the kidneys and limit the work they must do. Patients must analyze their current diet and suggest ways to make your diet easier on your kidneys. One must opt for low sodium and protein in their meals. Also, alcohol and other aerated drinks can be more toxic to the kidneys so they should be avoided. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in the diet for better recovery. “Can Kidney Problems Cause Insomnia”.
How is Ayurvedic treatment effective for diseased kidneys?
Ayurveda is an ancient science of treating kidney disease with completely natural and herbal techniques. Karma Ayurveda is the most authentic clinic working on the motto of providing 100% natural treatment to all its patients. They have been extending their service since 1937 and have successfully treated thousands of kidney patients. “Can Kidney Problems Cause Insomnia”.