There are thousands of people in the world that are dying of chronic kidney disease. According to the National Kidney Foundation, CKD is a progressive disease which can be easily identified with the level of protein in the urine. In CKD the kidneys of the patients get damaged and decrease the ability to filter the waste out of the body. The waste and toxin that builds up in the blood can prove to be fatal to your health and make you sick. Chronic kidney disease stage 5 is the final stage and the kidneys completely stop working at this stage. The patient usually depends upon dialysis for surviving.
Main Causes – Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 5
There are two prime causes for chronic kidney disease stage 5 namely, diabetes and high blood pressure. Diabetes increases the blood-sugar level in the body which makes it difficult for the kidneys to filter the blood, in turn damaging the kidneys. Hypertension can cause the increase in the pressure of the blood vessels which can cause kidney dysfunction. Also, other conditions like glomerulonephritis, PKD, malformations, lupus, and other urinary infection can be a cause of CKD. A family history of CKD can be another prime reason of such kidney disease.
There are severe symptoms that are visible in chronic kidney disease stage 5, some of them are:
- A feeling of nausea and tiredness
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble in sleeping
- Frequent urge to urinate especially during night time
- Swollen ankles, feet and hands
- Experiencing dry and itchy skin
- Change in the color of urine, it usually becomes dark and foamy in color
Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 5 And Ayurvedic Treatment
Kidney transplant or dialysis is not a permanent solution and is exceptionally expensive. So, it is better to try a natural way of healing with Ayurveda to cure chronic kidney disease stage 5. The practice of Ayurveda is age old and has cured humans of all types of physical ailments. In modern times, Ayurvedic medicines that are used in the treatment are made up of unrefined herbs that have proven to revive kidney cells and bring it back to health. The most common herbs used in the formation of kidney medicines are:
- Dandelion roots and leaf is loaded with benefits which are diuretic and promotes waste elimination.
- Uva-Ursi is also known as bearberry is a form of astringent that can soothe the urinary tract and cleanse the kidneys.
- Celery roots and seeds have been used as a natural diuretic. It also helps in eliminating toxins by increasing urine output. It acts as a stimulating tonic for the kidneys.
- Chanca Piedra is a stone breaker and is mainly used as a medicinal herb for kidney, bladder and liver health.
- Horsetail is a weed which helps in increasing urine output to flush the kidneys and urinary tract. It is an anti-oxidant and gives relief to the renal system.
Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 5 And Diet Plan.
The herbs alone can’t function fully to cure chronic kidney disease stage 5 without a healthy lifestyle. One must adhere to healthy vegetarian diet as it is less stressful for the kidneys to filter. High protein and sodium food should be strictly avoided. Karma Ayurveda has proven to cure many kidneys and liver patients since ages. It has a team of experts and a well-renowned physician Dr. Puneet Dhawan who truly practices organic and natural methods for treatment.