Chronic kidney failure is commonly called chronic kidney disease , which means decreased functioning of kidneys’. The kidneys expel wastes and excess fluids from the blood, which is then thrown out of the body through urination. When the problem of chronic kidney aggravates it starts forming harmful toxins and wastes in the body resulting in kidney damage or kidney failure.
Chronic kidney disease can show no signs and symptoms in the early stage but in the latter stages, it can also be fatal. How is chronic kidney disease diagnosed?
SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
As the problem gradually progresses it shows many signs and symptoms in a human body. These signs include:
- Loss of appetite
- Problems in sleeping
- Swelling of feet or ankle
- Changes in urination process
- Weakness and fatigue
- Mental confusion
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Constant itching
These symptoms are variable and different in different people. How is chronic kidney disease diagnosed?
CAUSES OF CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
Chronic kidney disease the kidneys stop functioning for several months or years due to any chronic kidney infection or major surgery.
Diseases that cause chronic kidney disease include:
- Type 1 Diabetes (IDDM) / Type 2 Diabetes (NIDDM )
- Vesicoureteral reflux: It a condition that causes urine to back up into your kidneys
- Glomerulonephritis: It is an inflammation of the kidney’s filtering units
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Recurrent kidney infection also called pyelonephritis
- Interstitial nephritis: It is an inflammation of the kidney’s tubules and surrounding structures
- Constant blockage of the urinary tract, from conditions such as enlarged prostate, kidney stones, and any malignant or tumor. How is chronic kidney disease diagnosed?
TRIGGERING FACTORS THAT CAN CAUSE CHRONIC KIDNEY FAILURE
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Excessive Smoking
- Obesity ( BMI > 30)
- Heredity problem
- Older age
PROBLEMS INVOLVED IN CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
Anemia: kidneys help in the formation of the red blood cells. when kidneys dysfunction they do not perform this function that leads to low RBC’s in one’s body and causes anemia.
FLUID BUILD UP: kidneys expel out extra water from the blood when kidneys stop functioning, this result in water retention in the body and can cause edema, or ascites.
HYPERKALEMIA: Kidneys function in expelling high potassium out of the body. In case of chronic kidney disease, they are unable to perform this function leading to disruption in maintaining the water balance of the body.
BONE DISEASE: one needs calcium and vitamin d for healthy bones. In the chronic kidney disease, the kidneys are unable to perform such function. How is chronic kidney disease diagnosed?
For Chronic kidney disease diagnosis, one needs to get certain tests done, such as:
- Blood tests: Kidney function tests (KFT) examines the waste product’s level such as creatinine and urea, in the blood.
- Urine tests: Examining a sample of urine may reveal the problem that detects chronic kidney failure.
- Imaging tests: In this test, the size and shape of the kidney are examined.
- Taking a sample of kidney tissue for testing. In the case of chronic kidney disease, doctors recommend the kidney biopsy to remove a sample of kidney tissue. How is chronic kidney disease diagnosed?
Chronic kidney disease has no permanent cure. Treatment normally is symptomatic. If the kidneys become severely damaged, you may need treatment for end-stage kidney disease.
HOW AYURVEDA SEE CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE :
Ayurveda treats all the physical ailments through its unique techniques of using naturally grown herbs and natural ingredients. It is the basic treatment that an individual should adopt without harming its body i.e. without any side effects. How is chronic kidney disease diagnosed?
Karma Ayurveda has given its patients this opportunity to opt for such treatments and take best out of its services and get a safe and secure treatment without any ill effects. This brand has been headed by the well qualified and known physician Dr. PUNEET DHAWAN who had been treating many kidney patients with his abundant knowledge and safe treatments. He has always succeeded in treating kidney failure cases without transplant and dialysis.