A patient with ICD-10 Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 2 has slightly damaged kidney functions and a mild decrease in Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) of 60-89 ml/min/1.73 m². At this stage of Chronic Kidney Disease, there are usually no symptoms of impaired kidney functions. The reason that people are unable to find stage 2 of chronic kidney disease, is because they have been detected with Diabetes or High Blood Pressure, which are the major causes of all kidney diseases.
STAGES OF CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
STAGE 1: kidneys function normally and at this stage, the first sign of kidney disease start to appear, though it is anonymous at this initial stage. The GFR is more than or equal to 90 ml/min/1.73 m².
STAGE 2: ICD-10 Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 2 is the stage at which the GFR is between 60-89 ml/min/1.73 m² with a slight reduction in kidney functions. However, the symptoms still remain unidentified.
STAGE 3: At stage 3 of Chronic Kidney Disease, symptoms start appearing with a further reduction in kidney functions over time. It has been categorized under 3A with GFR being under 45-59 ml/min/1.73 m² and under 3B with GFR between 30-44 ml/min/1.73 m².
STAGE 4: Chronic Kidney Disease stage 4 is characterized by extremely reduced kidney functions with GFR between 15-29 ml/min/1.73 m².
STAGE 5: Stage 5 of Chronic Kidney Disease is also known as Established Renal Failure and is the last stage of Chronic Kidney Disease with GFR less than 15 ml/min/1.73 m². “Karma Ayurveda Reviews”
SYMPTOMS OF ICD-10 CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE STAGE 2
A person may discover that they have ICD-10 Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 2 if they have:
- Swelling in face or hands
- Changes in urination and the frequency increases or decreases, may have blood or protein in the urine.
- Creatinine levels higher than normal
- Evidences of damaged kidneys through MRI, Ultrasound or Citi Scan.
- Genetic factors, with a family history of polycystic kidney disease.
- Fatigue, Nausea
- Shortness of Breath
- Loss of Appetite or Muscle Cramps
CAUSES OF ICD-10 CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE STAGE 2
The major causes of ICD-10 Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 2 are Diabetes and High blood pressure. However, the other factors responsible are:
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type 2
- Heart Problems
- Liver Disease
- Family history of Kidney Problems
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Damage of Kidney’s Filtration System
AYURVEDIC TREATMENT OF ICD-10 CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE STAGE 2
- Ayurveda has successfully treated millions of patients with Kidney problems, by eliminating it from the root, through its natural methodologies, free from side effects.
- Baking Soda: A Research conducted by a British scientist of the Royal London Hospital, shows that sodium bicarbonate can slow down the progress of Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Gokshura: This herb is used in Ayurveda in maintaining proper functioning of Kidneys
- Marijuana: It is effective in treating chronic kidney disease patients. Researchers have proved that Marijuana is helpful in reducing the symptoms and effects of Hepatitis B, Prostrate Cancer, which are major contributors to kidney problems.
- Cranberries and Cranberry Juice: This fruit or its juice helps in improving kidney functions and regulate blood pressure due to the presence of Sodium, Potassium, Vitamin C, and Phosphorous.
- Acupuncture: It is also helpful in reducing the symptoms of ICD-10 Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 2 as it helps in strengthening immunity, balancing blood pressure, and relieving prolonged pain.
Also follow these diet tips to improve the conditions:
- Eat good-quality protein and potassium in case of having blood levels above normal in the body
- Increase fruits, whole grains, and green leafy vegetable intake.
- Lower your sodium intake by cutting out processed and pre-packaged foods.
- Stay Hydrated to take care of your kidneys
- Exercise moderately 4-5 days a week for 30-40 minutes
- Quit Smoking and reduce alcohol intake.