Kidneys filter out excess waste from our bodies and therefore play an important role in our overall well-being. Nephrons, which are the minute functional units that fill each kidney, regulate the water and chemicals in the blood. Roughly two quarts of waste are removed from the over two-hundred quarts of blood pushed through your kidneys by the heart. “Immediate Help On Declining Kidneys”.
Kidney disease means that the kidneys are damaged and can’t filter blood they way they should. Main causes of kidney disease include high blood pressure, diabetes, recurrent kidney infections that may have caused scarring, inherited diseases, overuse of over-the-counter pain medications, illegal drug use, and traumatic injury. “Immediate Help On Declining Kidneys”.
Symptoms of kidney disease may not be detectable until the disease has progressed. Symptoms may include swelling of the face or ankles, changes in urine frequency or color, foamy urine, nausea, vomiting, changes in taste, numbness of fingers or toes, and fatigue or exhaustion. Caught early, treatment of kidney disease is very effective. But kidney disease is a progressive disease, meaning the damage can’t be undone. “Immediate Help On Declining Kidneys”.
If the above symptoms prevail for long, one should go for an immediate lab test. The lab tests include tests like:
- A blood test that checks how well your kidneys are filtering your blood, called GFR. GFR stands for Glomerular filtration rate.
- A urine test to check for albumin. when kidneys are damaged the protein passes to the urine
- A GFR of 60 or more is in the normal range while less than 60 indicate kidney disease.
Usually, when the disease spread to the later stage, people go on a prolonged intake of medications. “Immediate Help On Declining Kidneys”. Allopathic treatment is the most common treatment for kidney failure. The most common types of treatment are:
- Hemodialysis uses a machine to move your blood through a filter outside your body, removing wastes
- Peritoneal dialysis makes use of the lining of your belly to filter your blood inside your body, removing wastes
- Kidney transplantation is a surgical treatment in which a healthy kidney from a person who has just died or a living person is used in place of a diseased kidney
A kidney patient has to follow a strict kidney diet along with the medications. “Immediate Help On Declining Kidneys”. There are certain key points that one should keep in mind while forming a kidney diet, such as:
- Buying fresh food as sodium is added to many prepared or packaged foods
- Cook foods from scratch instead of eating prepared foods, fast foods, frozen dinners, and canned foods that are higher in sodium. When you prepare your own food, you control what goes into it
- Use spices, herbs, and sodium-free seasonings in place of salt
- A lower-sodium of processed food dinners and other convenience foods
- One should include fresh vegetables, beans, meats and, fish
How can Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda is an ancient science of treating the physical ailment with the help of unrefined herbs. Karma Ayurveda started in 1937 and since then have been treating kidney patients. They use complete Ayurvedic treatment to treat their patient that doesn’t have any side-effects. They also provide a customized diet chart depending upon the condition of the patient. “Immediate Help On Declining Kidneys”.