Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a condition in which one or both the kidneys of the patient get damaged and stops filtering body waste. The condition of the kidney gets worse in such scenario as it eventually starts building a high level of waste in the blood and makes you unhealthy and sick. Other symptoms that CKD patients have to face are high blood pressure, anemia, weak bones, poor health, and nerve damage. It further risks you to various heart and blood vessel disease. So, it is important to cure it before any further damage is done to the kidney.
You can use Ayurveda treatment for chronic kidney disease instead of going for dialysis or allopathic treatment.
According to the Ayurveda, the kidneys are made up of two dhatus namely “rakta” and “meda”, treating this dhatus effectively means treating the kidneys. There are certain herbs that are exclusively used in kidney treatment such as: punarnava, gokshur, haritaki, neem, daruharida, and patol. Ayurveda treatment for Chronic kidney disease CKD can either partly or fully reverse the condition of your kidney. It reduces your chances of going into dialysis. Ayurveda also reduces the risk of death from cardiovascular diseases. Also, this form of treatment is proven to be a therapeutic contributor in all stages of the condition.
Along with the treatment of Ayurveda, it is also important for the patient to keep a proper diet. One needs to change the diet from acidic to alkaline. There is a certain type of diet that one needs to follow along with their treatment of Ayurveda. One must intake a diet that is healthy for the kidneys.
- One must keep the blood sugar level in control and restrict the salt quantity in the food. Even if you are going for packed food, you must check the salt proportion in it.
- Drink enough fluid to stay hydrated, one should almost drink 8 glass of water a day.
- It is advised to lower down or moderate the intake of food with high level of intake such as meat, eggs, milk, beans, etc.
- One must avoid the intake of certain beverages with caffeine and alcohol content, as it can cause further damage to the kidney.
- It is also no harm if you do a regular exercise, this will only boost your body and control your weight and blood.
- Eating 5 portions of fruits and vegetable stew every day is good for your digestive tract and particularly easier for the kidney to filter in such condition.
- Smoking is particularly bad for any kidney patient as it increases ADPKD and can further damage the kidney.
Ayurvedic treatment for chronic kidney disease
Apart from this, one must monitor the blood sugar level and maintain the weight for a healthy lifestyle. It is most likely that Chronic kidney disease CKD patient’s may be suffering from diabetes too as kidney fails to filter out excess starch and sugar from the body. So in such a condition, one must practice Ayurveda along with a healthy lifestyle to recover sooner.