What is polycystic kidney disease?
Polycystic kidney disease is an inherited disorder in which a fluid called cyst develops inside the kidneys. One or more cysts of size 0.5 or larger grow inside the kidney making it oversized than it should be thereby damaging them. This condition can be harmful to the patient as not diagnosing it on time may lead you to kidney failure or end-stage renal failure. Patients suffering from PKD often end up searching Can polycystic kidney disease be reversed? The answer is yes this kidney disorder can be eliminated from their lives and be completely reversed.
What are the signs you have polycystic kidney disease?
Most people do not develop any symptoms until they are 30 or 40 but knowing more about the signs can help you diagnose the problem in the easiest way. Never miss:
- Back or side pain
- Dark colored urine because of the presence of blood
- Increased size of the abdomen because of cyst growth
- High blood pressure
- Constant headache due to high blood pressure
- About one-fourth of the patients feel floppy valve in the heart which creates fluttering in the chest.
These symptoms are the first hint that you may have PKD. That is why it is suggested to the patients to consult a doctor and begin with your Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment.
Because PKD is inherited, your doctor will need to review your family history of kidney disease. The doctor may also screen you for a blood count to look for anemia or any other signs of kidney damage.
Urinalysis is conducted to look for blood, urea, and protein in your blood. The presence of blood and protein in the urine is a telltale sign that your kidneys are damaged.
Some imaging tests that are conducted in the lab are:
- Abdominal ultrasound: This test determines the presence of cysts in your kidneys with the help of sound waves
- Abdominal MRI scan: The test uses high volt magnets to image your kidney and look for cysts inside them
- Intravenous pyelogram: To make your blood vessels show clearly on the X-ray, this test is conducted with the help of a dye
- Abdominal CT scan: To look for smaller cysts in your kidney, this test is conducted
- Some of the complications that cysts may cause in your body are:
- You may be prone to brain aneurysms
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- Some cysts may also create harm to your eye-sight while some may cause you cataracts
- High blood pressure
- Liver failure
- Kidney failure
- Chronic kidney disease
The complications of the PKD do not end here as your kidney may abruptly shut down if you do not take Polycystic Kidney Disease Treatment in Ayurveda. The ayurvedic treatment can help to minimize the complexities of PKD.
Can you eliminate the risk of PKD
To the patients suffering from PKD, it is imperative to know that the effects of PKD can be reversed and you can eliminate the risk of PKD in your family with ayurvedic treatment.
The ayurvedic treatment by Karma Ayurveda helps the patients manage the entanglement of PKD in a natural way. Under the guidance of Dr. Puneet Dhawan, Karma Ayurveda is working on the question”Can polycystic kidney disease be reversed?” So that patients don’t have to rely on high dosage allopathic medicine to manage PKD, as ayurvedic treatment has already shown miracles on thousands of people.