Chronic renal failure or chronic kidney disease is a gradual loss of kidney function. This is a result of other medical complications like diabetes, hypertension. The progression of kidney damage is slow in chronic renal failure that may not lead to any noticeable signs and symptoms. Chronic renal failure ayurvedic treatment
THE TASK OF KIDNEYS:
Kidneys perform three major tasks in the human body:
- Remove waste and toxins from the body with urine, making the body clean and healthy
- Produce hormones that help in the production of RBCs, regulating blood volume and blood pressure and maintain the bone health
- Maintains the levels of electrolytes in the body (that is sodium, potassium, and chlorine) Chronic renal failure ayurvedic treatment.
WHAT LEADS TO CHRONIC RENAL FAILURE?
The most common reasons for chronic renal failure are diabetes and hypertension. These medical conditions when becoming chronic they start affecting the small organs like blood vessels, because of which the vessels in the kidneys also get damaged finally resulting in chronic kidney disease. There are few more causes that can cause a renal failure like:
- the recurring episode of kidney infection (pyelonephritis)
- polycystic kidney disease (the condition of multiple cysts in the inner lining of kidneys)
- autoimmune disorders
- hardening of the arteries, (atherosclerosis)
- urinary tract infection
- Certain medications and drugs Chronic renal failure ayurvedic treatment
INDICATIONS OF CKD
The most usual symptoms one notice in the chronic renal failure:
- increased urination, especially at night
- decreased urine output
- blood in the urine (Hematuria)
- urine that is cloudy or bubbly
The rare symptoms of chronic renal failure include “Chronic renal failure ayurvedic treatment”.
- puffed eyes, feet, and hands due to edema
- high blood pressure
- shortness of breath
- loss of appetite
- nausea and vomiting
- increased thirst
- bad taste and smelly breath
- weight loss
When chronic kidney failure progresses and leads to an increased build-up of toxins and waste this can result in mental confusion and seizures.”Karma Ayurveda Reviews”
HOW TO DIAGNOSE?
The following are the tests that are involved in the diagnosis of chronic kidney disease:
- urine tests to see protein levels or the detecting the condition of proteinuria
- blood tests
- X-rays of the kidneys
- abdominal CT or CAT scan
- abdominal MRI
- Abdominal ultrasound Chronic renal failure ayurvedic treatment
RENAL DIET PLAN:
The patients with renal failure should follow certain guidelines provided below to slow down the progression of the disease:
- Always monitor the intake of sodium; the sodium should be taken in moderation to avoid problems like increased thirst, water retention in legs, face and hands, hypertension and palpitation.
- Less intake of potassium to avoid the condition of Hyperkalemia (build-up of potassium in the blood) which can lead to muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat, slow pulse, heart attack even death.
- Keep a check on the intake of phosphorus as its excess in the blood can lead to extraction of calcium from the bones and deposition in the bloodstreams, lungs, eyes, and heart. Chronic renal failure ayurvedic treatment.
- Protein intake should be less as excess puts a load on the damaged kidneys which in turn excreted out of the body with urine.
- The fluid intake depends upon the urine output and the dialysis settings. Generally, less fluid should be taken in a day by is advocated the renal patients as excess can lead to unnecessary pressure on the heart and the lungs of the patient.
Ayurveda is a medical stream that revolves around the lines of mind, body, and soul. It believes that all kidney disorders are caused due to accumulated doshas in the body. Chronic renal failure ayurvedic treatment. It offers herbal and natural solutions that are permanent in rectifying the condition and encourages the use of ingrown natural medicated plants which results in definite success results and zero side effects.
KARMA AYURVEDA, an ayurvedic treatment center led by a renal expert DR.PUNEET DHAWAN primarily deals with kidney related impairments and treat them by advocating herbal medication and renal diets without the need for dialysis or kidney transplant.