Kidneys are bean-shaped organs located on either side of the spine in the lower back of the human body. Kidneys play a major role in expelling toxins and waste out of the body in the form of urine. Kidneys are small fist size organs but their function is contradictory to its size. Kidneys play a major role in the formation of urine which consists of all the metabolic waste, excess water and drug-induced toxins etc of the body. Kidneys also secrete certain hormones that help in the production of RBC ’s, regulate the blood volume and blood pressure, and helps in the absorption and reabsorption of calcium from the bones and the kidneys. Kidneys when are unable to perform these vital functions, they are said to be diseased. How does kidney disease develops?
TYPES OF RENAL DISEASES:
There are various types of renal diseases:
Acute renal disease: It is the sudden shut down of kidney function. This condition is caused due to a chronic infection, any injury, certain medications etc.
Chronic kidney failure: Chronic kidney disease is caused due to compromised kidney function experienced for a long time (3 months to years). Its progression can result in complete loss of kidney function or kidney failure. Chronic kidney disease is caused due to various factors which are briefly discussed below: How kidney disease develops?
- Type 1/ type 2 diabetes
- Glomerulonephritis: an inflammation and damage caused to the filtering units of the kidney
- Interstitial nephritis: an inflammation/swelling caused to kidney’s tubules and surrounding structures of a nephron
- Polycystic kidney disease: formation of sac-like tiny bubbles on the lining of kidneys. This is an inherited kidney disease.
- Chronic urinary tract infection. “Karma Ayurveda Review”
- Vesicoureteral reflux, in this condition the urine flows back to the kidneys from bladder causing damage to the kidneys.
- Chronic kidney infection also called pyelonephritis
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
As discussed before in the article that kidneys perform various functions to keep the body clean and healthy. In case of a kidney disease when the function of kidneys is compromised there are few signs one witness in the body that become indicative of the type of disease one is suffering from. How does kidney disease develops? These symptoms are variable for all kidney damage patients :
- Unexplained weight loss and poor appetite
- swollen ankles, feet or hands – caused due to edema
- shortness of breath or palpitation
- tiredness or weakness
- blood in your urine or Hematuria
- Increased urge to urinate
- Insomnia or difficulty in sleeping
- itchy skin
- Muscular cramps
- feeling sick all the time
- a persistent headache
- erectile dysfunction in men
HOW WILL CKD DEVELOP?
Chronic kidney disease is a dangerous stage that when progresses, enters the end-stage renal disease which leaves no option in allopathic treatment but to treat kidneys through a transplant or by putting them on dialysis. Kidney transplant and dialysis treatment is a short-term treatment therapy.
Following are different stages that are defined on the basis of the glomerular filtration rate of the kidney: How kidney disease develops?
- Stage 1 with normal GFR – GFR > 90 mL/min
- Stage 2 with Mild CKD -GFR = 60-89 mL/min
- Stage 3 with Moderate CKD – GFR = 30-59 mL/min
- Stage 4 with Severe CKD -GFR = 15-29 mL/min
- Stage 5 is End Stage CKD -GFR <15 mL/min
Unlike allopathic treatment, Ayurveda does not believe in prescribing a long drawn list of corticosteroids but to rely on the slow and steady response of natural and organic herbs. Ayurveda holds the vision on anti-drug. How does kidney disease develop? It believes that any kind of kidney disease can be cured by the use of medicated plants and herbs. It provides remedies that do not cause any side effects to the body. HOW KIDNEY DISEASE DEVELOPS? KARMA AYURVEDA
KARMA AYURVEDA, an earned brand name, headed by DR.PUNEET DHAWAN has proved to be a blessing for all kidney disease patients, as it has cured a lot of kidney related problems with its natural therapy and it seeks to help more lives like this.