Commonly known as a vegetable; to your surprise cucumber is a fruit! Just like tomatoes, cucumber is also a fruit. It can be eaten as both raw & cooked. Cucumber is high in potassium and low in calories; also it acts as an antioxidant; this is why dieticians recommend cucumber in losing weight. But is cucumber good for kidney? Well, partially it is. It depends on how your kidney is functioning.
Kidneys are the natural filters of a human body which helps in filtering the wastes & balancing the fluids to create energy for the functioning of a human body. Today every third person among ten are affected by kidney diseases. And people are approaching allopathic medications but what they where they fail to realize is that they can approach the natural or Ayurvedic medication that will not leave a trace behind. Allopathy surely removes the disease but that will be temporary and will leave side effects. But Karma Ayurveda removes the main reason behind the disease without any side effects.
Karma Ayurveda is providing services to 3000 (and counting) patients every year. Out of which 60% of patients are from the big names of hospital’s rejected patients. Karma Ayurveda’s every prescription differs from another. Karma Ayurveda has been a big name in the world of Ayurveda since 1937. Today, Dr. Puneet Dhawan the fifth successor of the Dhawan dynasty is practicing Ayurveda with modern techniques. As he suggests a CKD patient should include cucumber in his diet.
What is CKD (chronic kidney disease) and how is cucumber good for kidney?
CKD or Chronic Kidney Disease is a condition where kidneys are failing to perform their functioning consistently. Or in other words, CKD is causing permanent damage to the kidneys with the growing period. Cucumber has the potential of repairing the functioning as it contains salvia which repairs the damaged tissues.
The following are the benefits that will have your doubts sorted about: Is Cucumber good for kidney?
- It is rich with minerals: Cucumber is rich with minerals like potassium, manganese, magnesium, vitamin C & K. It is low in calories and zero % fats.
- It hydrates the body: Cucumber is filled with lots of water which helps in keeping the body hydrated and balancing the fluids.
- It acts as an antioxidant: Cucumber considered as an antioxidant that blocks oxidation and is good for a CKD patient.
- Helping agents in losing weight: As it is low in calories and has 0% fats; it is a consideration in losing weight.
- It lowers down the sugar level: A CKD patient is diabetic (well, most of the time) so he is advised to consume cucumber to lower down the sugar levels.
- It is a great source of Silica: Silica present in cucumber helps in strengthening the tissues which help in maintaining the joint health.
- It reduces the level of higher uric acids: People with gout & arthritis are prone to higher uric acid levels. Cucumber helps in reducing the higher uric acid levels because it is a great source of water & minerals.
Ways you can consume cucumber:
- Beetroot & Cucumber Salad:
- Take one cucumber and one beetroot; peel and cut them into slices.
- Add a pinch of salt & few drops of lemon.
- (Lemon is a good source was citrus which helps in removing kidney cysts and stones)
- Cucumber smoothie:
- Take one cucumber, peel and cut it into dices.
- Now, take a mixer-grinder and add cucumber, a pinch of salt & black pepper, and a few drops of lemon.
- Grind it and add water if you want.
- Cucumber & Radish Salad:
- Take one cucumber & one radish; peel and cut them into slices.
- Add a pinch of salt and few drops of lemon.
- (Radish helps in curing the several kidney diseases)
- Cucumber Sandwich:
- Take brown bread & apply unsalted butter on it.
- Now, take a cucumber; peel it and cut it into slices.
- Arrange it the way you want. Eat it and enjoy it.
- Baked Cucumber Chips:
- Take one cucumber; peel it and cut it into slices.
- Place the cucumber slices on the baking tray.
- Put the tray in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes at 120 degrees.
Cucumbers are rich with potassium, minerals and are low in calories. Hence Karma Ayurveda suggests that you should ask your dietician about the diet plan according to the stage of CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease). Eating cucumber leads to the potential benefits of a kidney. Your dietician will ensure the right amount of cucumber you should have before including in your diet.
Still looking for an answer- Is cucumber good for kidney?
Cucumbers belong to the cucurbitaceous family along with the squash and different kinds of melon. It helps in reducing the risks of obesity, gout & arthritis, diabetes and heart risks. It also helps in reducing the weight and is in the priorities of every dietician planning a diet chart.
Cucumbers are a good source of getting relief from inflammation and sunburns. It has many benefits in cosmetics also. To remove dark circles, soothes the skin, hydrates from both inside & outside.
Karma Ayurveda has the expertise of curing the kidney failures by giving a proper diet plan and few herbal or Ayurvedic medicines in the form of syrup & churan which helps a patient to get rid of the disease from the core.