About Kidney Stones During Pregnancy:
Just when you thought that nothing can go wrong when you are expecting, imagine you are diagnosed with pregnancy. Horrible, no? But kidney stones during pregnancy are equivalent to the pain of childbirth.
With this blog, you will be notified about the symptoms of kidney stones during pregnancy. By sensing them you can easily get them out to prevent further complications.
Few people know that having stones in your urinary system during pregnancy can lead to miscarriage. So if you are planning to conceive or become pregnant, make sure you do not have stones in your kidneys.
But before we climb the ladder, we believe that you should know a little about kidney stones. So we will talk about the symptoms, causes, complications of kidney stones during pregnancy, and prevention with Ayurvedic treatment for kidney stones. “Kidney Stone Complications During Pregnancy Symptoms, Causes & Ayurvedic Treatment“.
Main Problem Of Kidney Stones During Pregnancy?
Symptoms Of Kidney Stones During Pregnancy?
Causes Of Kidney Stones During Pregnancy?
Kidney Stones Complications During Pregnancy?
Ayurveda Kidney Stones Treatment During Pregnancy?
Kidney stones are solid forms of crystals formed by the accumulation of minerals and salts in the kidney. These crystals later grow large in size, varying the size and space consumption. These crystals can be equivalent to the size of a mustard seed or the size of a golf ball.
These stones pass from the kidneys to the uterus via a pipeline “ureter”. But if these stones grow in size, they can obstruct the passages of urine and will help in the formation of new stones.
However, it is not mandatory that you are at risk of developing kidney stones while you are expecting but you should know why they are formed during pregnancy.“Kidney Stone Complications During Pregnancy Symptoms, Causes & Ayurvedic Treatment”.
The symptoms of kidney stones in pregnant women are similar to those of normal people suffering from kidney stones. But these symptoms of stones in the renal system can increase complications in giving birth to a child. The following symptoms of kidney stones during pregnancy will help you feel the complications that may occur throughout time:
- Severe back pain:Many changes occur in the body during pregnancy and it is common to have back pain. However, it is equally important to understand the difference between back pain and kidney pain. Back pain will feel like muscle pain, while kidney pain will be deep and sour. Kidney pain will be felt like stabbing from the inside.
- Painful urination:It is one of the common symptoms of kidney diseases and is a complication while urinating in pregnancy. But to understand the presence of pain while urinating due to kidney stones you will need the help of your gynecologist.
- Presence of blood in the urine:The presence of blood in the urine is usually a medical condition of hematuria. But it is also a symptom of kidney stones during pregnancy. When the kidneys are developing stones, they damage the tissues, cells and the internal walls of the kidney. Because of the reason explained earlier, blood can come out with urine.
It is not always the case that you at the risk of developing kidney stones during pregnancy. Certain causes are always for the development of kidney stones may give you symptoms when you are expecting. Following are the causes of kidney stones during pregnancy:
- Lack of fluid in the body:Our kidneys require a moderate amount of liquid for the filtration process and the conversion of waste contents into the urine. But when you consume less water the kidneys fail to perform both functions properly. So, with the lack of fluid intake in the body, all the waste materials form crystals that develop into stones.
- Genetic predisposition:By genetic predisposition, we mean that if you have had a family history of developing stones in kidneys. Also, if your family had a history of hypercalciuria; a condition where the presence of calcium in urine is found in excess amounts. This genetic disorder may become one of the causes of kidney stones during pregnancy. Consuming more calcium and its supplements during the trimesters will only be increasing the chances of stones in the renal system.“Kidney Stone Complications During Pregnancy Symptoms, Causes & Ayurvedic Treatment”.
- Bowel disorders:Bowel irritation, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, and inflammatory bowel disease are such diseases that support the formation of kidney stones. This inflammation in intestines increases the amounts of calcium ions dropped in kidneys. The elevated levels of calcium can increase the risk of both hypercalciuria and kidney stones during pregnancy.
- Consumption of calcium supplements during hypercalciuria:During pregnancy, gynecologists recommend the intake of calcium supplements along with folic acid. But if the calcium levels are high then you may develop the risk of kidney stones along with hypercalciuria.
- Urinary tract infections:Urinary tract infection is one of the commonest infections during pregnancy, but if it is occurring frequently, it may indicate the presence of kidney stones during pregnancy.
After knowing the symptoms of kidney stones during kidney stones, you should seek advice from the Kidney stone specialist to avoid the complications when you are expecting. Following are the complications that can arise during this condition:
- Improper growth of the fetus
- Obstruction in the passing of nutrients and elements acquired by the fetus
- High blood pressure
- Mild pre-eclampsia
- Cesarean delivery
Generally, the treatment of kidney stones is either prescribed by a few pills or removed surgically, but Ayurvedic treatment for kidney stones is given to the woman who is expecting after thorough analysis and considering which trimester she is in.
Ayurvedic treatment for kidney stones during pregnancy is given with a motive of dissolving the stones with herbal and home remedies only. Doing this you can keep the growth and health of you and your baby intact.
Following are a few tips by which you can dissolve the stones naturally:
- Drink plenty of water: During kidney stones consuming enough liquids will prevent you from getting dehydrated and kidney stones. You can consume up to 8 glasses of water in a day as per the preventive measure.
- Consume fruits that are enriched with water: Depending on the conditions of your pregnancy consume fruits that are water-based for example watermelon, peaches, blueberry, and cucumber but only after the approval of your nephrologist, urologist and gynecologist.
- Drink fresh juices: If you are drinking juices then make sure you drink only fresh juices and not pre-packed juices. The pre-packed juices are rich in concentrates, preservatives high amounts of sodium.
Lemons and other citrus fruits: Though during pregnancy, nanny and granny both restrict you to consume lemon as it might become a reason for the weakness in the body but drinking lemonade and consuming citrus fruits can help in dissolving the stones in kidneys when you are expecting.“Kidney Stone Complications During Pregnancy Symptoms, Causes & Ayurvedic Treatment”.