Polycystic kidney disease is an inherent kidney disorder that forms clusters of cysts on the lining of the kidneys. These clusters result in enlarging the kidney size and losing the efficiency of kidney function over time. These cystic clusters are noncancerous fluid-filled sacs that may damage the kidney function. The intensity of kidney disease may vary from one to another individual. Polycystic kidney disease sign, causes, and symptoms
The severe PKD can cause various complications such as
- High blood pressure
- Loss of kidney function
- Pregnancy complications
- The growth of cysts in the liver
- Development of an aneurysm in the brain
- Heart valve abnormalities
- Colon problems
- Chronic pain
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF PKD
Polycystic kidney disease as discussed above is a genetic problem that can be caused due to a mutation in the genes of the DNA of the human body. The polycystic kidney disease can be transmitted from parents to their offspring only when they have a faulty PKD gene. Polycystic kidney disease can be one of a cause of kidney failure. This is an autoimmune disorder that can be fatal when left untreated. Polycystic kidney disease sign, causes, and symptoms The development of polycystic kidney disease can give rise to various signs and symptoms such as-
- Back or side pain
- Kidney stones
- Increased abdomen size
- Urinary tract or kidney infections
- High blood pressure
- Blood in your urine
- A headache
- Kidney failure
POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE TYPES:
Polycystic kidney disease is frankly known to be of three types. Below are the listed types of PKD. Polycystic kidney disease sign, causes, and symptoms
- Autosomal Dominant PKD is passed from parent to child by dominant inheritance. The transmission of ADPKD is done when the faulty gene of Autosomal dominant PKD is transmitted from one parent to its offspring. ADPKD usually gives rise to varied signs and symptoms in the ’30s and ’40s of an individual’s life.
- Autosomal Recessive PKD is transmitted from parent to child by recessive inheritance. ARPKD shows up innumerable symptoms in the early months of an infant’s life i.e. after birth. The seriousness of the disease seen through its rapid progress. Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease has also proved to be fatal when left untreated or when ill-treated. Polycystic kidney disease sign, causes, and symptoms
- ACKD also called as Acquired Cystic Kidney Disease is another type of PKD. This disease usually attacks people who have long-term kidney damage. The association of the disease is done with kidney failure and people who are conducting dialysis therapies. Blood in the urine and discolored urine are the common symptoms seen in this type of PKD.
The diagnosis of polycystic kidney disease is done through various lab tests such as abdominal ultrasound, abdominal CT scan, abdominal MRI scan, intravenous pyelogram.
AYURVEDA AND POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE
Ayurveda also called the science of life is an age-old stream of treatment that provides the most reliable and long lasting treatment measures. This line of treatment uses naturally grown herbs and suggests customized healthy renal diets to the kidney patients to relieve the effect of the disease and cure it of the root cause. Polycystic kidney disease sign, causes, and symptoms
Karma Ayurveda one of the leading brand names in health and wellness sectors is presently led by a well-known physician Dr. Puneet Dhawan. The skills and Ayurvedic knowledge of the physician had helped many kidney patients to lead a fitter life. The medicines provided by Karma Ayurveda are the best alternative to dialysis treatment with zero side effects.