Overview of kidney problems
Kidneys are the most vital part of the human body and perform some of the most common functions like:
- Remove toxic waste from the body
- Remove harmful drugs from the body
- Balance the body’s fluid
- Release hormones that regulate the blood pressure
- Control the production of red blood cells
If one or both of your kidneys are not working well, it can indicate a problem of kidney disease. If such a condition is not treated of time, it can lead to kidney failure.
Possible causes and symptoms
The most common causes of kidney failure are diabetes or high blood pressure. There are other problems like blood loss due to physical injury, kidney stones, kidney tumor or cancer, genetic disorder, polycystic kidney disease and glomerulonephritis. All these problems can cause permanent damage to the kidneys.
Kidney disease with passing time gets worse and may not show any signs of degradation in initial stages. But, in later stages, one can notice many visible symptoms such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Swelling in hands, feet, under the eyes and ankles
- Pain in back and joints
- Mild to high headaches
- Dry and itchy skin
- Sleeping disorder
- Painful and burning sensation while urinating
- Pain in abdomen
If the above symptoms prevail for long, an immediate Kidney Failure Treatment is required.
A proper diet is important along with kidney failure treatment for better recovery. The foods we consume have a direct effect on the kidneys. It is better to consume only light food as it reduces the strain on the kidneys. There are some key points that one should keep in mind while planning a diet chart:
- High protein food should be replaced with low protein food like skimmed milk, eggs and fish
- Sodium and added salts should be used in lower quantity as it is bound to increase the blood pressure
- Packed and processed food contains high amount of phosphorus which should be avoided
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included in the diet
- Alcohol, caffeine and aerated drinks should be cut out from the diet
How can Ayurveda help in Kidney Failure Treatment?
Treatment like kidney transplant and dialysis are taken in the later stages of kidney disease. This treatment only extends the life of the kidneys and doesn’t cure the disease.
However, Ayurvedic treatment for the kidney failure is very successful as it provides a permanent solution. Ayurveda is the ancient science of curing mind, body and soul. It focuses on the natural methods and unrefined herbs for treating the disease. Karma Ayurveda is the best wholesome wellness clinic in Asia. It has treated thousands of kidney and liver patients with their authentic Ayurvedic medicines and organic supplements. The patients at Karma Ayurveda are given specialized treatment that is authentic and free of any side-effects.