Kidneys perform a variety of functions in the body. They primarily conduct the task of filtering the blood and removal of waste and toxins. Creatinine is a metabolic waste that is produced by the muscles of the body. Kidneys excrete this by-product in the form of urine (impure fluid). Roughly 2% of creatine gets converted into creatinine every day. The creatinine levels in the body relatively remain consistent in a normal body. Doctors often estimate the functioning of the kidneys through creatinine levels. Foods to lower creatinine levels
There are various factors that lead to an increase in the creatinine levels of an individual. Some of them are:
- Certain medication
- Excessive exercise
- Kidney disease
- High blood pressure
- Excessive blood loss
- Increased muscle building
- Creatine supplements
Symptoms of Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels:
High creatinine levels in the blood may result in following symptoms: Foods to lower creatinine levels
- Lack of appetite
- Frequent urination
- Dark colored urine
How to Treat High Creatinine At Home?
Increased creatinine is a progressive condition. It can be put to halt by adhering to some tips like:
- Drinking lots of water: this prevents excessive dehydration and lowers the creatinine levels
- Avoiding creatine supplement: creatine is a chemical compound found in the muscles of the body. It when gets used to produce energy, it releases creatinine (metabolic waste). Foods to lower creatinine levels so, limited consumption of creatine eventually reduces creatinine levels in the body.
- Limited strenuous exercises: exercises demand energy, energy production releases creatinine. To limit the creatinine production, a person should indulge in limiting high-intensity exercises.
- Adding Barley to the diet: Barley is a cereal that is a natural diuretic and helps the person to pee. Consumption of the same clears the kidneys and eliminates the extra stores of the creatinine. It also helps in improving digestive health.
Nutritional Foods to Lower Creatinine Levels:
Ayurveda, an age-old treatment method renders complete herbal treatment to cure all body ailments. Foods to lower creatinine levels This natural way of treatment heals damaged kidneys with natural ingredients. Ayurvedic medicines advocated in kidney disease have zero side effects on kidney patients. Ayurveda also proposes some natural foods that help in reducing the elevated levels of creatinine, these include:
- Leafy greens
- Foods rich in omega-3 acids
- Garlic and onion
Diet to Reduce Increased Creatinine in The Blood
People who are diagnosed with increased blood creatinine need to make some changes in their dietary pattern to slowly reduce it. Some of the parameters that need to be catered are:
- Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and carbonated drinks
- Eliminating sugary foods
- Avoiding the consumption of salty foods
Restricting the intake of dietary meat and simple carbs Foods to lower creatinine levels
Karma Ayurveda, an India based kidney treatment hospital, provides organic treatment for all types of kidney related diseases. The center functions under the guidance of an experienced kidney practitioner Dr. Puneet Dhawan. The hospital is known for its ayurvedic medicines that work best to treat kidney failure without dialysis and a kidney transplant.