Chronic kidney disease refers to a gradual loss in the functioning of the kidney that ultimately leads to renal failure if no relevant treatment is taken. If the damage to the kidney is extreme, the kidneys may stop working at all, which is called end-stage renal failure.
When kidney damages a dangerous level of waste may accumulate inside the bloodstream making the patient sick and feeble. This waste then becomes an obstruction in the flow of the blood. Hence, it can be said that kidney failure is a life-threatening condition that may damage other supportive systems of the body as well.
Modifiable risk factors for chronic kidney disease
Modifiable risk factors for kidney disease are those which can be managed by taking appropriate treatment. These are:
- Increased diabetes level: Increased diabetic level in the blood is a responsive factor that harms the health of the kidney. A diabetic patient should work on reducing the blood sugar level in the body as this will slow down the progression of kidney disease.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure is a condition in which our heart has to work hard to transmute the blood. Over time, increased blood flow can cause arteries in the kidneys to weaken. High blood pressure is a modifiable risk factor for chronic kidney disease which can be cured with the help of ayurvedic medications.
- Consuming over the counter medications: Taking too many antibiotics without a prescription from the doctor can severely affect the health of the kidneys, lungs, heart, and other functional organs of the body. This modifiable risk factor for chronic kidney disease can be cured by avoiding the consumption of allopathic medications instead use one should use an ayurvedic treatment.
- Smoking: An old saying, “Smoking is injurious to health” works for kidney patients as well. Quitting smoking can prevent your life from choking out and decrease the risk of kidney problems in the body. Our kidneys need blood for the proper functioning and smoking hinders that flow, causing problems.
- Obesity: Gaining weight invites a number of chronic diseases in the body such as CKD and AKD. A healthy diet together with yoga and exercise can help alleviate stress levels in the body, which is the prominent reason why you have high blood pressure.
- Urine retention: There are some health conditions that affect one’s ability to empty the bladder. Stored urine in the bladder if not filtered can backflow to the kidneys causing infection.
- Dehydration: It is necessary to drink 3 to 4 liters of water each day in order to let the kidney to function properly. When you consume more water, toxins get flushed out naturally with urine.
How Ayurveda helps to reverse the modifiable risk factors for chronic kidney disease
Chronic kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda helps to rectify the effects of the risk factor of CKD without bringing any complications to the table. The ayurvedic treatment is also helpful during the stages when a doctor suggests dialysis and transplant to manage life. The main aim to include herbal extracts in the kidney treatment is that they facilitate urine production and prevent fluid from retaining inside the bloodstream. Hence, it can be concluded that ayurvedic treatment is the best possible treatment to work on the modifiable risk factors for chronic kidney disease.
Karma Ayurveda is one of the prestigious kidney care institutions in Delhi which offers ayurvedic treatment to improve the health of the kidney. Doctor Puneet Dhawan has saved more than 35000 patients who were suffering from chronic and acute kidney disease.
If you or anyone in your family needs help for your kidney related problems, then contact Karma Ayurveda.