What is kidney dialysis, and why is there a need for dialysis?
The kidneys filter the blood by removing excess fluids and wastes like creatinine and urea from the body. The waste is sent to the bladder for the process of urination. Dialysis is a procedure to perform the functions of the kidneys when they’ve failed. According to kidney experts, end-stage kidney failure occurs when the kidneys are performing less than 15% of the total normal function.“How To Stop Kidney Dialysis Naturally“.
In this treatment, equipment purifies the blood and helps the body in keeping the fluids and electrolytes the balance when the kidneys can’t execute the functions as they usually do. Dialysis has been treating kidney patients since 1940.
The primary function of the kidneys is to prevent the excess fluid and other impurities from accumulating in your body. They are also responsible for controlling the blood pressure and also regulating the essential level of chemical elements in the blood. If the kidneys are not able to perform these functions fluently, then they need dialysis to live a better quality of life. Without dialysis or any other specific treatment, the dangerous level of poison and the wastes accumulates and harm the different functions of the body. “How To Stop Kidney Dialysis Naturally”.
But everyone has to understand that dialysis is not the ultimate treatment for kidney disease. Kidney disease or kidney failure can be treated naturally with the help of Ayurvedic treatment.
What are the different types of dialysis?
There are different types of dialysis, suggested to different kidney patients based on their health conditions. Types of dialysis are as follows:
- Hemodialysis – It is the most common type of dialysis. An artificial or hemodialyzer is involved in the process of removing extra fluid from the blood. In this process, the blood is removed from the body and filtered with the help of an equipment. After the process, the blood is returned to the body.
- Peritoneal dialysis – It involves the surgery to implant a peritoneal dialysis (PD) catheter into the abdomen. A special fluid called dialysate is injected into the peritoneum during the procedure. The fluid absorbs the waste, and then the solution drained out of the bloodstream. “How To Stop Kidney Dialysis Naturally”.
- Continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) – It is the most common type of dialysis for Acute kidney failure patients who are in the intensive care unit. Most commonly, it is known as hemofiltration. The blood is drained out from the body and the waste is removed from them. The blood is returned to the body along with replacement fluid. It takes around 12 to 24 hours a day and needs to be performed daily.
Why can dialysis be avoided?
Dialysis should be avoided by chronic kidney disease and kidney failure patients. There are some side-effects of dialysis that are:
- Low Blood Pressure
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Dry or Itchy Skin
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Muscle Cramps
Apart from these side-effects, the dialysis is not a permanent procedure to heal kidneys. The dialysis machine can perform the functions of the kidneys, but for the interim period. Now think that spending a huge amount of money and not getting any relevant results from them. It usually happens when the kidney patients choose dialysis as the treatment for this health condition.
How to Stop Kidney Dialysis Naturally?
Dialysis is a time-consuming and expensive therapy. This is the reason why not everyone chooses it, until or unless they are experiencing acute kidney failure.
Without dialysis even, the kidneys can revive their functions naturally with the help of herbal medicines. Herbal medicines are part of the Ayurvedic treatment. The treatment also involves some dietary and routine modifications, along with the physical activity. “How To Stop Kidney Dialysis Naturally”.
The dietary changes that are necessary to be made during kidney disease are:
- Monitor level of fluid in the body and being mindful in taking fluid
- Limit the intake of potassium, phosphorus, fluids, and sodium
- Limit the consumption of food items that can raise the blood sugar level
- Reduce the consumption of food items that can increase the blood cholesterol level
- Be active for more than 30 minutes in a day, most of the days
All Ayurvedic kidney experts suggest these points to kidney patients and give herbal medicines to avoid kidney dialysis.“How To Stop Kidney Dialysis Naturally”.
Dr. Puneet Dhawan is an Ayurvedic kidney expert who is treating kidney patients intending to stop kidney dialysis. He is leading an Ayurvedic hospital named Karma Ayurveda in Delhi, India.