What are Urinary Tract Infections?
Urinary tract infections UTIs are caused by bacteria that directly or indirectly enter the urinary system of the body. The condition is more common in adult girls and uncircumcised boys or in kids at times.
What are Recurring Urinary Tract Infections? Ayurvedic Treatment
Having Urinary Tract Infections UTI, again and again, refers to recurring UTIs. Untreated UTIs often lead to recurrent infections that may even progress to chronic kidney disease, especially in kids and infants. So, it is important to get the condition treated with the required treatment.
Signs you may have UTI & Ayurvedic Treatment:
Checking for the signs is the best way to diagnose if you are facing complications of Urinary Tract Infections UTI. Further, the symptoms are not subtle to ignore, but they should not be confused with our kidney related issues.
The signs that may indicate UTIs are:
- Severe pain or burning sensation when urinating
- Increased urination usually after a few of the minutes
- Foul smell in the urine
- Fever that lasts until the infection is completely treated
- Food intolerance
- Lower abdominal pain
- You may also notice red blood cells leaking through the urine when the condition is extreme
- Sleepless night
- In kids, UTI can also cause bed-wetting, even if they have not had the signs before.
A Urinary Tract Infections UTI is a chronic kidney disease caused by a bacterial infection. The bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra that carries urine from where it reaches your kidneys and starts to multiply in number. Bacteria growing because of an infection elsewhere in your body can also spread to the bloodstream of the renal. Urinary tract infections are further classified as bladder or urethra infections.
Types of Urinary Tract Infections UTIs & Ayurvedic Treatment
- Urethritis: Bacteria causing infection in your urethra
- Cystitis: This type of infection is caused due to the bacteria that enter the bladder with the help of a tube called urethra, responsible for draining urine out of the body.
- Pyelonephritis: When infected urine flows back to your kidneys or infections in the blood that reaches your kidneys, the condition is called Pyelonephritis.
Conditions responsible for Urinary Tract Infections UTI & Ayurvedic Treatment
Frequently occurring UTI is caused by one or more of the following conditions:
- Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR): Kids diagnosed with UTI have this condition as the cause. The condition appears when the urine starts to flow in the backward direction. Since ureters are thin, bacteria can easily flow inside and multiply therein.
- Hydronephrosis: The blockage of urine also causes one or both of the kidneys to increase in size. Severe VUR or blocked ureters are the two factors responsible for the enlargement of your kidneys. With the help of ayurvedic medicines for kidney damage, you can prevent Urinary Tract Infections UTIs and resultant conditions such as hydronephrosis.
- Dysfunctional voiding: When an individual cannot empty bladder normally it is called voiding dysfunction. The symptoms that indicate dysfunctional voiding include bed wetting during the day, frequent urination, and kidney damage.
- Infrequent urination: Not peeing enough can also increase the risk of kidney damage.
Can recurring Urinary Tract Infections UTI put you at the risk of kidney damage?
In most cases, when UTI can be successfully treated the condition does not progress to kidney damage because UTI is just another infection. UTI caused by factors like enlarged prostate gland, or a kidney stone can be advanced to kidney damage if the problem is left untreated or ignored for an extended period.
UTI in young adults associated with high fevers and chills also pushes them to the edge of chronic kidney disease if not treated promptly.
Apart from damaging kidney diseases, Urinary Tract Infections UTI also impacts your lifestyle. Imagine, your brain continuously signaling you to pee but you will only be able to pee a drop or two. This is quite traumatic and painful.
What are the Ayurvedic Treatment options for the Urinary Tract Infections UTI?
Learn that Urinary Tract Infections UTI can be completely eliminated with the help of ayurvedic medicines. These medications avert the bacteria from growing inside the urinary system. The duration of the ayurvedic treatment of urinary tract infections UTI depends upon how severe the condition is. In acute cases, you need antibiotics but in chronic cases, the cure is available in ayurvedic and herbal medicines.
- Punarnava: This herb promotes urine because of its diuretic properties. It reduces the complications of UTI and averts the inflammation of inflamed mucosa.
- Coriander seeds: The seeds of coriander prevent foul smell and burning sensation that may arise because of UTI. Its antibacterial properties make it a necessary part of the Urinary Tract Infections UTI ayurvedic treatment.
- Amla or Indian gooseberry: To cool down the inflammation of the mucosa, and to reduce the signs and symptom of growing TI, Amla is really helpful.
- Gokshuradi Guggulu: The diuretic properties of Gokshuradi help sanitize the urinary system, combat inflammation of the bladder and the urethra.
- Asparagus: The bacteria and pathogens that cause UTI can be terminated with extracts of Asparagus roots. It is also a prominent antioxidant that helps to halt the urinary tract arising because of stress and damage.
- Nutgrass: Nutgrass in another herb that is used in the treatment of urinary tract infections. It possesses analgesic properties to relieve the symptoms associated with UTIs.
Ways to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections
Some preventive measures that can be done at home to prevent recurrent UTIs are:
- Drink enough of water
- Adopt good bathroom habits
- You can consume Vitamin C supplements to acidify pee
- Avoid bubble baths and perfumed soaps as this can cause annoy the urethra
- Wipe from front to back after using the toilet to reduce the growth of the Urinary Tract Infections UTI causing bacteria in the urethra
- Urinate every 3 to 4 hours to naturally eliminate those bacteria from the urethra
Karma Ayurveda is an ayurvedic kidney treatment hospital that is based in Delhi. Every day hundreds of patients visit Doctor Puneet Dhawan to know herbal ways to improve their deteriorating kidney function. Our lifestyle changes have impacted us in ways thereby weakening our immune system and Ayurvedic treatment and medicines possess no threat to the fragile body of the patients and are safe to consume.
Get in touch with us!