Turmeric is also named as Indian saffron or the golden spice of India because it contains high benefits. Turmeric is counted as an herb that can cure chronic diseases. Nephrotic syndrome is one of the detrimental health disorders that arise with diseased kidney. So, the turmeric good for nephrotic syndrome.
Before to know the answer to your question, first let’s know about Nephrotic syndrome, causes, symptoms, and remedies.
This blog contains:
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Benefits of turmeric powder
Nephrotic Syndrome is a group of symptoms indicates that your kidneys are suffering from an illness or infection. In this, protein leaks out from your body along with the urine because the filters of your kidneys are not able to prevent proteins. Nephrotic syndrome is caused when the clusters of small blood vessels in your kidneys are damaged that are important in the work of filtration and elimination of wastes from your blood.
Proteins are vital in building muscles; conquer against infections, and removing the excess fluids from your body. But, an excess amount of proteins in the blood caused problems like Proteinuria, nephrotic syndrome or high creatinine level. That is the reason why you should follow a healthy diet plan that contains all nutrients in a sufficient amount. Along with a diet plan, you should go for proper treatment that can terminate the disease permanently, especially by using natural herbs like turmeric.
Causes of Nephrotic syndrome are
Your kidneys are intent to filter and eliminate waste from your blood along with the urine. Further, they also create the hormones that are helpful for the production of red blood cells, and to regulate your increased blood pressure. Kidneys’ filters are glomeruli that are accountable to maintain a healthy level of proteins in the blood. When due to any reason filters cannot work well and then caused nephrotic syndrome.
Underlying are primary causes of nephrotic syndrome:
- Diabetic nephropathy
- SLE or Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Hepatitis B
- Membranous nephropathy
- A blood clot in a blood
- Consumption of NSAIDs in high amount
- Diseased or infected kidney
- Kids & Children below 15
There are some herbs like turmeric through which you can prevent the root causes of nephrotic syndrome.
Symptoms of Nephrotic syndrome are
It is true that when your body is weak and suffering from a disease, thus give you some hints that you maybe not getting. Below are the symptoms that your kidneys show due to Nephrotic syndrome:
- Loss of appetite
- Pale or itchy skin
- Foamy or frothy urine
- Lack of concentration
- Swelling in the body; mostly in feet & hands
Having one or more of the symptoms does not only indicate that you have nephrotic syndrome; it might be correlated with any other disease. So, consult a healthcare provider to know how well your kidneys are functioning.
Remedies for nephrotic syndrome are
Treatment is not only enough to heal the diseased kidney. Preventions and remedies also play a vital role in the strength of your body and its organs to conquer against the illness.
You should follow the following of the guidelines for nephrotic syndrome.
- Always maintain a sufficient level of blood pressure or blood sugar.
- Consume healthy foods that should not be canned, processed or frozen.
- Consult to your doctor or dietician about the number of nutrients like protein, sodium, potassium, and phosphorus you can take with kidney problems.
- Instead of doing an intense workout give preference to yoga and meditation through which you can detox or cleanse your mind and body.
- Consume herbs like turmeric, cinnamon and many more that are good for nephrotic syndrome and other kidney disorders.
- Drink at least 8-ounce glasses of water to support your kidneys in the formation of urine and elimination to toxins from your body
Is turmeric good for nephrotic syndrome?
One tablespoon of turmeric (about 7 grams) contains the following of the things.
- 24 calories and 4.4 grams of carbs,
- 5 milligrams of manganese (26% of the daily value)
- 8 milligrams of iron (16% of the DV)
- 7 milligrams of vitamin C (3% of the DV)
- 13 milligrams of magnesium (3% of the DV)
Yes, turmeric is good for nephrotic syndrome because it offers the following of the health benefits
- Turmeric reduces inflammation
- Turmeric is rich in antioxidants
- Turmeric helps in reducing the risks of diabetes
- Turmeric helps in treating edema
- Turmeric helps in increasing memory and concentration
- Turmeric repairs the damaged cells and tissues of the diseased kidney.
- Turmeric fight off infection, prevent cancer and help digestive problem
Along with the above-mentioned benefits turmeric also caused following of the side effects.
- Turmeric is a source of potassium that is not good for diseased kidney.
- Turmeric can increase problems are linked with blood flow like high blood pressure.
Turmeric is good for Nephrotic syndrome and also prevents many health problems. But, remember increased consumption of everything has side effects.