What is Kidney disease?
It is the condition of your kidneys when they are not able to filter out wastes like creatinine and urea from your blood. The presence of these waste materials in your blood indicates the abnormality of your kidneys. Allopathy and Ayurveda both are recognized as the treatment for kidney disease. But in allopathy, there is no permanent cure for kidney disease as these treatments can slow down the progression of kidney disease through some medicines. But Ayurveda can eliminate the root cause of kidney disease without any side-effect on any organ of your body.
Causes and symptoms of kidney disease
There are many reasons for having this disease and some of them are mentioned below:
- Both types of diabetes
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Glomerulonephritis, an inflammation of glomeruli (kidney’s filtering unit)
- Interstitial nephritis, an inflammation of the kidney’s surrounding structures
- Polycystic kidney disease, usually a genetic disorder
- Prolonged obstruction of the urinary tract such as kidney stones
- Some cancers that can cause kidney disease
- Re-occurrence of kidney infection
- Some medicines used to treat other illness
If you are facing high blood sugar levels or high blood pressure, then you are at a higher chance of having this disorder. This disease can cause some other health issues that may indicate the presence of kidney disease in your body. Some of the symptoms are as follows:
- High blood pressure and hypertension
- Poor appetite or not feeling hungry
- Shortness of breath due to fluid builds up in your lungs
- Muscle twitches and cramps may occur due to dehydration
- Laziness and weakness
- Swelling of feet and ankles due to fluid retention in your body
- Sleeping problems
- Chest pain or pressure on your chest
- Change in the frequency of urination
- Problem in concentration
- Persistent itching or having dry skin
If you find any of the above-mentioned symptoms, then prompt reach to your doctor may prevent your kidneys from being damaged. These symptoms are not specified to kidney disease, but the presence of more than 1 or 2 symptoms may signify this health condition.
Diagnosis of kidney disease
After reaching a specialized doctor, he may ask you some questions regarding your health condition like your age, family history of kidney disease, and usually, monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar level. High BP and high blood sugar are the main reason for having this disease, that’s why these health conditions are a monitor for treatment of kidney disease. Your doctor may recommend some test for the diagnosis of this health condition that is as follows:
- Blood tests – This is the part of the kidney function test that measures the presence of waste materials in your blood.
- Urine tests – The patient’s urine sample is collected for the measurement of protein and blood level in your urine. It also checks how much creatinine is released through urine.
- Imaging tests – In this test ultrasound or CT scan is recommended to assess your kidney’s size and structure. Form this test; PKD cysts are easily visible if you have this disease.
- Kidney biopsy – In this test, a small part of your kidneys is removed from a biopsy needle. This test is often done with local anesthesia. The doctor usually recommends this test when the above-mentioned examination is not able to diagnose kidney disease.
Allopathy treatment of kidney disease involves the restriction of the growth of this disease through medicines. If creatinine and blood urea level is not able to control through allopathic medicines, then they suggest dialysis and kidney transplant as the treatment for kidney disease. Hemofiltration is a type of dialysis that is recommended by allopathic doctors for treating kidney disease.
What is hemofiltration?
There are three types of convective dialysis therapy, i.e haemodiafiltration, haemofiltration, and acetate-free biofiltration. Hemofiltration is a renal replacement therapy which used to treat kidney failure patient but may be of benefit in multiple organ dysfunction syndrome or sepsis. In this process, the patient’s blood is passed through a set of tubes via equipment to a semipermeable membrane where waste and toxins are removed from your blood. Replacement fluid is added and the blood is returned to the patient’s body.
Hemofiltration requires a large amount of water across a semipermeable membrane. This water flux drags the solutes present across the membrane. Choosing this process depends on the severity of the disease.
Why you need hemofiltration?
If your kidneys lose its ability to perform their functions as they usually do for their body. In that condition, the waste buildup that may create many health-related issues for your body. If this health condition not timely treated, then it can lead to kidney failure. Dialysis is a procedure that removes waste products and fluid by filtering these across a membrane in the dialysis machine. Hemofiltration is a type of convective dialysis therapy that removes larger molecules better than other types of dialysis.
Hemofiltration is different from dialysis because it can remove all the waste particles whereas hemofiltration can only eliminate larger toxins materials present inside your body. No doubt, dialysis and kidney transplant involves the use of advanced technology, but they have some severe side-effects too. After the dialysis, you have to follow a strict diet for the prevention of your kidneys. In most cases, doctors recommend kidney transplants because dialysis is not able to reduce creatinine and urea level in your blood. Kidney transplant is also not a suitable treatment for the therapy of kidney disease because of its low life expectancy rates.
The better alternative for hemofiltration and kidney transplant
Ayurveda is the better alternative for the treatment of kidney disease because of the use of natural herbs in the procedure. Karma Ayurveda is one such kidney care hospital that provides Ayurvedic treatment for kidneys. If you are also suffering from any kind of renal sickness, then you can contact us.