Uremia Causes, Symptoms And Its Ayurvedic Treatment? Dr. Puneet Dhawan.
Uremia Treatment In Ayurveda: Uremia is a critical condition that occurs when your kidneys stop working and waste buildup in your body. It is more likely to occur when you are in the final stage of chronic kidney disease. Kidneys filter toxins and extra fluids from your body and send that toxin in your urine for elimination. They also send essential protein back in your blood for the functioning of your body. Creatinine and urea are the major toxins that must be eliminated through urine.
Uremia is your health condition when there is a presence of toxins materials like creatinine and uremia in your blood. It is considered as the most critical situation for your kidneys if left untreated. Uremia is one of the major signs of end-stage renal failure. Kidney treatment in Ayurveda can reduce the creatinine and urea level in your blood naturally.
What Causes Of Uremia and Ayurvedic Treatment?
Uremia is the condition that arises when there is extreme and irreversible damage done to your kidneys. Uremia causes when chronic kidney disease occurs. Some other major causes include:
- High blood pressure or hypertension – It is the major cause of having kidney disease. If you have high BP, then you are at greater risk of having kidney disease.
- Polycystic kidney disease – This disease is also known as a genetic disorder because this PKD tends to runs in a family.
- Both types of diabetes – After high blood pressure, high blood sugar is also one of the significant reasons for having kidney disease. Diabetes can harm the small filtration units present inside your kidneys.
- Glomerulonephritis – An inflammation of the tiny filters in your kidneys called glomeruli
- Enlarged prostate
- Myeloma – It is a type of bone marrow cancer
- Kidney stones – Blockage in the proper flow of urine or urinary tract blockage for an extended time
- Recurring kidney infections – Some infections are so dangerous that it can even re-occur after some time.
Most of the causes of uremia also cause kidney failure. If you want a proper relief from uremia or kidney failure, then opt for Ayurvedic treatment for uremia.
What Are The Symptoms Of Uremia?
In the starting stages of chronic kidney disease, you may not notice any symptoms, but when uremia occurs; your kidneys are damaged extremely. There are some symptoms of uremia that are as follows:
- Fatigue or extreme laziness
- Muscle cramps, especially in your legs.
- Poor appetite or feeling heavy stomach every time
- Severe headache
- Trouble in concentrating things
- Feeling dry and itchy skin
- Sudden weight loss
If uremia is not treated on time, then there are some health-related problems like high blood pressure, anemia, heart disease, and brain damage that may arise after some time. Treatment of uremia is possible when it is diagnosed and given an appropriate treatment according to the situation.
Diagnosis of Uremia
After the identification of the symptoms of uremia, you have to reach a specialized doctor for the treatment of this health situation. If they think that you might have uremia, and then they can do some tests to see how well your kidneys are working. Some of the tests that they recommend are as follows:
- Blood test – This test is performed to measure certain chemicals or waste products, like creatinine and blood urea level in your blood. Lab technician takes your blood sample, and he measures your creatinine and blood urea level. Lesser the number, the safer your kidneys are.
- Urinalysis – Your urine has a lot to say about your health. Your doctor will take the urine sample to look for things like blood cells or proteins in your urine. If your kidneys are working well, then these items will not occur in your urine.
Ayurvedic Uremia Treatment:
Uremia Treatment In Ayurveda: When you are diagnosed with this disease, then it is compulsory for you to go for uremia treatment. In this condition, your kidneys are extremely damaged, and at that time, dialysis is the only remedy option left for the treatment of this health. Dialysis is done to remove toxins and extra fluids from your blood when your kidneys are not able to perform their functions. There are two types of dialysis, i.e. Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
- Hemodialysis: In this treatment, an artificial kidney is used to remove toxic products, but it filters your blood outside your body.
- Peritoneal dialysis: In this procedure, in which a catheter is inserted into your abdomen, and through that catheter, a fluid is injected in your abdomen. This fluid absorbs waste materials and extra fluids from your body, and it eliminates the waste from your body when it drains out.
Uremia Treatment In Ayurveda: The kidneys are the most vital part of the human body, and it performs many essential functions to keep you healthy. The kidney purifies the blood and excretes waste products through the urine. Your kidneys also form urine to eliminate waste products like acid, potassium, and urea, filtered by your kidneys. Uremia is one such kidney-related problem that can lead to kidney failure if not treated on time. It can occur due to long-running health-related issues like diabetes or high blood pressure or from a serious injury and severe kidney infection.
If this health condition is not treated on time, it may hamper the functioning of other organs of your body. If you want a natural treatment for this health condition, then you can opt for Uremia treatment in Ayurveda that is 100% hazard free.